Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Sunshine 2.15.12

It's been over a year since I last posted--I'm not complaining. Someone commented that I may have beaten the funk and he is very near the truth. You see, a lot can happen in a year that helps you to see what you've been missing or what's been dragging you down. Sometimes, if you find that thing, you have to do something about it.

So I did.

I found that thing, rooted it out, climbed a few mountains (literally and metaphorically), made immense changes, and finally found my Sunshine. Now, this Sunshine is not the big ball of burning gas that our planet circles each year--though, the mild winter this year sure has helped. My Sunshine represents balance, peace, and harmony with myself. I didn't realize how vital my Sunshine was to my life until I found it. But now that it's back, I will never let go.

Don't be deceived, however, that I have sworn off the funk for good. Every now and again it makes a terrifying reappearance. Still, my average, everyday, normal feeling is pure happiness. So maybe the next time that funk monster makes a visit I'll rant a little more about the weather. For now, I'm content to focus on the classes I'm not "slunking."

Basking in my Sunshine,
LoMo

p.s. Why are bagels EVERYWHERE right now? Hmm. Contemplation begins. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment